Untitled #1

we used to sit and talk
so cynically
but now you’ve gone and done it
you’ve gone and broken your heart
now whom I will laugh with
about the tragedy of love
you’ve gone and broken your heart
and left me behind.

I’m sick of it all
let’s move out into the sun
and not think about love
this is so messy
let’s clean it up
let’s not talk about
things we weren’t meant to think about anyway
because
if you ask me
honestly
it’s not worth it.

don’t mistake me.
I’m a hardened skeptic
because if I weren’t
I would be much unhappier than I am right now
love is a spider
eating away at my brain
so I shoo it away
not kill it, because you can’t kill love
I shoo it away
but it comes back
and tenaciously builds cobwebs
in the corners of my mind
until
until
I think I might explode under the pressure
so I try to step back
step away
but it dogs my footsteps
I’m afraid, a little, of dogs
I’m afraid of love
that’s it, yes
I’m afraid because
love is a wide blue sky
with a yawning abyss at my feet
but I don’t have wings
so I have nowhere to go
but down.

Comments

  1. ’m a hardened skeptic
    because if I weren’t
    I would be much unhappier than I am right now DEEP THINKING AND WORDS AT SUCH A YOUNG AGE, SUPERB...love is in the sky as well on land and ocean..enjoy the positivity and cherish the memories. good luck kanna..love SRI AUNTY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much aunty! Your kind words really mean a lot to me. Please do keep reading my poems, I always look forward to hearing from you.

      Delete
  2. Love it anugraha! Keep them coming!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much miss! It means so much to me that you read my poems.

      Delete
  3. This gave me goosebumps. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good Anugraha.
    You can try your hand in hard rock,metal/heavy metal lyrics easily..
    Keep writing..
    -Vipin

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What is Freedom?

Sea And Me