Sea And Me

Black waves, roiling on a black sea
Jagged stood the rock, piercing a sky torn
By the brightest silver

My bright blue canoe, my bright blue canoe
My white oars, my white anchor
My bowed head, and salty tears swelling the sea
I cared too much about staying afloat
To worry about being struck by sky-electricity

Jagged rock, it loomed large
Bright blue struck black
Blue never stood a chance
I can't sail, I can't sail the sea

My bright blue canoe, hope-blue canoe,
Faith-blue canoe, and trusty anchor
My spindly oars, patting the water
Reassuring the water
As the sea laughed at me

And the sea laughed at me
And tossed me in the air
And the sea dragged me down
And tumbled me over
Cat and mouse, cat and bird,
Sea and me.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What is Freedom?

Untitled #1